How we are keeping our community safe during the UK’s 2021 Lockdown
Eat Work Art will be maintaining its social distancing measures, extra-sanitation, new access instructions and sign-posting to ensure our sites remain Covid-Secure so we can support our community, staff and visitors alike. We wanted to outline the steps we are taking to keep our community safe using tools we have adapted from our dedicated Covid-team and workspace experts, whilst following Government guidelines.
We are ever-grateful to our community for their ongoing determination, innovation and resilience. We will continue doing what we can to offer guidance and support to both our own residents and the wider community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you operating business as normal?
We are still operating all our services so residents who need to access their studio can do so Covid-Secure manner. Our sites continue to be open 24/7 with full support from our team onsite and remotely. Our postal service is still running with new hygiene guidelines in place and we continue to receive deliveries for our residents.
Can I access help on how to make my workspace Covid-Secure?
Yes, our team will be on-hand to guide you through the process and ensure that you are meeting all requirements. We are working closely with a Covid-Secure design consultant to offer tailored solutions for your space.
What measures are you taking to keep staff and residents safe?
We have carried out a comprehensive risk assessment to help keep our staff, community and visitors safe.
Our buildings are currently operating at reduced capacity; however, we will keep all measures under review and advise residents of any amendments should capacity increase significantly.
New measures we have implemented include:
- Increased sanitisation and hygiene measures with cleaning using isopropyl alcohol
- 2-metre markers in all queuing areas
- Signage to aid social distancing
- Implementing one-way and give-way traffic systems in narrow spaces
- Food and beverage residents supported to operate with social distancing
- Capacity limits on kitchens and bathrooms indicated by signage
- EWA staff to wear face coverings when entering private studios
Front of House
- Providing clear guidance on social distancing and hygiene to visitors on arrival
- Removal of communal seating
- A service to open, scan and email any non-confidential post to support home working
- Sign in/out system replaced with a digital and contactless process
- Face coverings and gloves available to the team
Existing measures we will continue to practice:
- Meetings and viewings by appointment only with virtual options available on request
- Revised schedule for essential services and contractor visits to reduce interaction and overlap between people
- Glass screen at Front of House closed
- All EWA sites ventilated to building regulation standards
We are closely monitoring all official guidance for maintaining safety and hygiene, listed here. If you would like further information on our risk assessment process or have any feedback please email Front of House at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The safety of our customers, staff and residents is our priority, with this in mind we have launched a virtual tour option as well as contactless consultations and onboarding across all of our sites if this is preferred.
What if I am interested in renting space in the future?
We would highly recommend registering your interest with our team so we can assess your business needs, availability and keep you on our waiting list for when the time is right for you. Our team can explore the options and advise you on potential next steps for securing your space.
I am a business owner in the creative industries. How can I find out about government support available for my business?
The Government has announced further support to businesses most affected by the lockdown, with all up-to-date information provided here. Please note all applications need to be made via the local authorities, Hackney Council or Lambeth Council.
We are in regular contact with the associated authorities to receive all information relevant to our business and residents to ensure we can advise accordingly.
7th January, 2021