Visitors had the chance to explore the space and chat and speak with the site’s array of creative residents, including architects, artists, prop makers, designers, musicians
Work Exchange in a Creative Studio Space | EAT WORK ART
A one-off opportunity to become the focal point of this extraordinary hidden artistic community near Waterloo. We are looking for an individual or a creative business to take on a new available studio and join our team.
We welcome applications from innovative independent businesses to complement our existing studios featuring entrepreneurs, artists, designers and makers. The creative business leader will take on the studio at an excellent rate and play an important part in the day-to- day ‘front of house’ running of the space.
The studio is a light space in the old schoolhouse building. Approx 200 sq ft. which would usually cost around £800 per month. We anticipate a discount of £100 per month in exchange for taking care of our little community with us. All bills including heating, rates, electricity and internet are included in this.
To benefit from full use of this studio as the home for your business at this cut-price rate, we will require you to be on-site and available to the other residents during office hours Monday to Friday (and to let us know in good time if you’re not going to be so we can arrange cover). There is a holiday allowance of 5 weeks per year as well.
This is so that you can:
- Keep communication open between Old Paradise and EAT WORK ART HQ
- Logging details of any issues or complaints with management so that things can be sorted smoothly
- Be there to keep things safe and secure - by locking up when needed, holding a set of spare keys for the studios and taking on the role of fire warden and first aider (having had the training required for both)
- Keep an eye to make sure the site is clean and tidy by making sure our on-site cleaner is doing their job and providing recycling bags etc to your neighbour residents
- Receive enquiries and show prospective residents around our spaces
To apply email Alfie - email@example.com by Friday 29th June.