A collaboration for London Design Festival at the Mare St Triangle. The Pavilion was to pop up in a public place, creating an interactive and accessible
Job: Manager, Netil House
Opportunity to join the network as the manager of Netil House, facilitating and nurturing our community of creatives.
Eat Work Art are looking for an experienced, motivated and creative professional to join the team.
We are Eat Work Art. We transform empty buildings into creative studio spaces that become home to exceptional communities.
Eat Work Art was established in 2009 with the aim of reclaiming abandoned buildings in London, and transforming them into spaces for independent creative businesses to grow. What we practice is inherently sustainable and we make the most of space and resource, so our creative community can make the most of their ideas.
Over the last five years we have grown exponentially, building a thriving business with energetic ambition. From here, in addition to continued growth, our priority is to refine our systems and provide an extraordinary experience for our community - the residents in our studio spaces whose work spans art, design, film, architecture, music, production, performance and more.
Your goals will include leading the team to excel in the following areas:
- Maintain 100% occupancy, build a waiting list and achieve sales and renewal targets
- Build an aspirational community of leading creatives
- Conduct studio viewings and streamline the viewing and letting processes
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure an increasing flow of enquiries and the best possible sales and marketing content, materials and processes
- Draw up leases for new and renewing residents
- Manage move ins and outs including lease signings, meeting with incoming and departing residents, holding studio inspections and helping to process final bills
- Work with finance department to arrange rent and deposit payments and ensure FOH are carrying out duties ascribed by finance correctly
- Assist management with monthly billing
- Keep our management software up-to-date
- Continue to enhance the creative atmosphere through careful curation of new residents
- Develop the community by supporting and connecting residents;
- Be the eyes and ears for general feeling amongst residents and find ways to continue to improve this
- Work with the marketing and communications team to arrange a regular programme of interesting and engaging resident events.
- Ensure full compliance with fire, safety, security and data protection regulations
- Manage Assistant Manager, Front of House, cleaning and security teams
- Ensure the building is running efficiently with daily site walks
- Manage stock and orders for stationery, cleaning supplies, office supplies and electrical equipment
- Support with external contracts: energy providers, waste management etc., renewing or changing these to increase efficiency where possible
- Key management – ensure there is a correct system for the access and management of keys
Attributes and Qualifications to help you be successful:
- Sales experience
- Management experience
- Exceptional organisational and multitasking skills
- Business operations, project management and customer service experience
- A love of working with people
Fast growing company
Employee benefits to include:
- Perkbox membership
- Simply Health package
- Onsite restaurant, café and wellness discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme